The following is taken from the student handbook.
We expect our students to dress and groom themselves as individuals with a sense of responsibility and self-respect. The Dress Code is designed to help students recognize choices regarding attire that would be appropriate in their future workplace, as well as in an educational setting. Students are expected to dress, groom, and attire themselves in a manner that is not potentially dangerous, does not distract others, or disrupt the educational learning environment. The decision of the building administration will be final in all disputes concerning student dress.
1. All clothing/accessories including tattoos that display or promote products referring to alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, suggestive or obscene language, or that display inappropriate words, phrases, or pictures are not allowed.
2. Shirts must have straps that are at least 2” wide (the width of an ID). Plunging necklines, tops that are see-through, ect.. are not considered appropriate attire for school.
3. Bare midriffs (half-shirts) are not allowed. Shirts must overlap the waistband by at least one inch.
4. Hooded sweatshirts must be worn with the hood down at all times.
5. Clothing or items that give the impression of gang affiliation or promote gang affiliation are not acceptable.
6. Footwear is to be worn at all times.
7. Make-up and hairstyles considered excessive and extreme by the administration will not be allowed.
8. Hats, visors, and sunglasses are not to be worn in the school building and should be removed when entering the building.
9. Sagging pants is not allowed.
10. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be mid-thigh length.
11. Ripped jeans can be worn, but rips above mid-thigh must be worn with leggings underneath.