7th Grade Resource
I am very disappointed to not have your son or daughter in my class this upcoming nine weeks. It has been a very stressful and confusing time with so many unknowns as we move forward with online learning. I know that many of you are wondering how your son or daughter will receive support during this time.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 1:00pm -3:00pm
Thursday Evenings 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Platforms for Students
Flipgrid- We will be using Flipgrid to ask questions and engage with each other during this time.
4th & 6th Hour Language Arts -https://flipgrid.com/foster7206
Resrouce Hour- https://flipgrid.com/foster3298
Zoom- Will be used for a weekly check in.
Google Classroom- Assignments will be posted here.
BrainPop- 4th & 6th hour Langague Arts students will be using this site during continuous learning.
Class Code- ball4379
Class Rules and Guidelines
1. RESPECT is the only rule. Respect yourself, respect your peers, respect school property & respect me.
2. Before the bell rings, I ask that you be in your seat with all of your supplies.
3. You are responsible for your work. Late assignments will be worked on before current homework.
4. Do quality work. I know that when you are behind it is sometimes seems easier to hurry through and finish assignments. However, poor quality work will not be accepted by your teachers or by me. Save yourself some time and do the assignment right the first time.
5. Study skills is a pass/fail class. Observation of each of the following 4 criteria will happen daily and be recorded.
Attendance…Be present. If absence, point will be earned when make-up work is gathered from classes missed. If absence is unexcused point cannot be earned.
Participation…Attentive and on-task during the duration of class. Take an active interest in your success at AMS with grades and responsibility. This includes having a planner filled out and initialed by teachers.
Responsibility…Maintain this point by bringing the above items EVERY DAY.
Disposition…Cooperation and teamwork are present. You must not interfere with the learning of others.
This year, each student will be required to read for 20 minutes each night and to log it in their agenda folder. This needs to be signed off by parents each day. This will count towards their resource grade at the end of each week.